Coming to Our Office Page - How to Prepare
To schedule an initial consultation, please call 650.356.1180 or email Lisa M. Dugoni.
At the time of your initial consultation, you may have just been served with legal papers, you may be considering filing for divorce or legal separation, you may be looking to file a restraining order against your partner, or you may be looking to protect and/or support your children. Our office will help guide you through the initial steps, working to advance your interests and provide you with practical solutions.
We want your initial consultation to be both productive and informatory. We have complied a checklist of documents to bring to the consultation that will help us to best advise you. It is not required that you bring any or all of these documents to your initial consultation.
- Any relevant correspondence, court documents or pleadings
- Any documents from the other party attorney or your prior attorney
- Copy of any prenuptial agreement signed
- Documentation regarding pre-marital assets and debts
- Current paystubs for each party
- Tax returns for the last two years of the marriage
- Statements for pension and retirement accounts
- Current credit card statements
- Loan balances for all debts including mortgages, lines of credit and credit cards
- Statements evidencing values of stocks, bonds, annuities, CDs, whole/term life insurance policies
- Deeds for any real property owned by either party
- Any other information you believe would be useful or helpful to our office